Conflict of Interest (COI) – The new COI Module launched on Monday, February 27, 2017, and is available at rms.wustl.edu. With this release come several improvements to the COI disclosure process, including:
- Single annual financial disclosure form to be used by the Research, Institutional, and Clinical COI Programs (CME coming soon), resulting in coordinated reviews and communications
- Responsive form with fewer questions and expanded branching logic that limits questions based on the discloser’s role and answers
- Financial Disclosure Statement (FDS) is now used only to disclose financial interests; research data will be addressed separately, as needed
- New COI umbrella website coi.wustl.edu provides one-stop-shopping for all things COI, including tutorials, system and policy FAQs, contact information, and other support resources for all 4 COI Program Offices
- Single point of contact for all COI form and policy questions: at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.747.4181
To learn more about changes to the COI disclosure process, see What Disclosers Need to Know Now on the COI website.
Pre-Award & Award Management (PAAM) – The PAAM Team, which includes central area staff as well as school/department grant administrators, is focused on foundational Proposal Development (PD) Module configurations including: direct cost budget categories, default indirect cost tables, approval routing, security roles, and sponsor master list development. PAAM Workgroup school/department members will soon be able to review configuration setups and evaluate department-specific aspects. The PAAM Team continues to participate in weekly vendor configuration calls, and our vendor (infoEd) Module Consultant will be on-site again in late fall.
, Washington University’s new Research Management System, is under development through the PAAMCO Project. By June 2018, RMS
will replace some of the University’s in-house developed research administration systems, including the pre-award Proposal Development System (PDS) and the Conflict of Interest (COI) Financial Disclosure System, and will add a new module for award management. In line with the new institutional IT Guiding Principles
, we selected infoEd
as our vendor product solution. As reflected in the Timeline
, this entire project will take approximately 3 years, during which time we will engage faculty and staff stakeholders in the process.
Questions and feedback on RMS and the PAAMCO Project are welcomed and encouraged via Contacts.
- Enhance our ability to more effectively complete our work in certain key research administration systems by purchasing a vendor product which reflects more current technology.
- Improve our ability to collect, store, analyze, and share data enabling us to report information about our research enterprise to improve collaboration, proposal preparation and strategic decision making.
- Reduce the compliance and administrative burden of our faculty, department, school and central institutional staff.
|February 27, 2017
||RMS Development Update: New COI Module Now Available; What Disclosers Need to Know Now|
|February 16, 2017
||RMS Development Update: COI Module Launches Monday, February 27|
|January 9, 2017
||RMS Development Update: COI Module Launch Postponed, Faculty Focus Group Testing, and Umbrella Website|
|November 30, 2016
||RMS Development Update: COI Module Launch, System Testing and Umbrella Website; PAAM Module Development; SPIN Development|
|June 2, 2016
||RMS Development Update: COI Faculty Focus Groups, PAAM Kickoff, and Vendor On-Site Work
|December 1, 2015
||PAAMCO Project Update: Research Management System Vendor Demo December 17th
|November 24, 2015
||PAAMCO Project Update: Vendor Selected, System Named
|July 28, 2015
||PAAMCO Project / Web Launch Announcement
The components within the PAAMCO Project Scope are listed below and displayed within the diagram.
Components outside of the scope diagram area reflect the intent to expand integration points with other institutional systems beyond what exists with the research administration systems today.
Proposal and budgeting system that replaces PDS and improves proposal preparation, data collection and submission
Award Management (AM)
Award Management System that provides a way to manage award specific data separate from financial information
Agreements Management (AM)
Replaces current JROC tracking system to enhance management and reporting of agreements (clinical trials agreements, industry research contracts, incoming subawards, etc.)
Outgoing Sub-agreements Management (SUB)
Replaces current system and improves outgoing sub-agreement management
Conflict of Interest (COI)
Solution to standardize and coordinate processes of the 4 WUSTL COI offices (research, institutional, continuing medical education (CME), and clinical) to reduce administrative burden for faculty and staff
Electronic Document Management (PA, AM, SUB, COI)
Auxiliary functionality relative to each of the modules providing the ability to associate and store supporting documentation
click to enlarge
Note: Post-award activities are not in the scope of this project