Published June 9, 2022
Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA) is providing the research community with several reminders regarding the fiscal year end closing process. The University has developed a number of year-end resources that can be found on the Fiscal Year End Close Overview website, and we highly recommend that you review this data. There is specific information about grants on this site, and noted below is a brief summary. Please note transactions (including PAAs) that require central area approval (e.g. SPA) will need to be submitted by close of business on July 6, 2022. SPA will not able to ensure full year-end approval of transactions submitted after that date, so please process these items as soon as possible.
Transaction Timing Requirements:
- Supplier Invoice Request – June 28, 2022
- Supplier Invoice – June 30, 2022
- Expense Reports – July 6, 2022
- ISD – July 6, 2022
- Misc. Payment Requests – July 6, 2022
- Payroll Accounting Adjustment – July 6, 2022
- Manual Journal Entry – Last day to submit and approve a Manual Journal entry on a Grant Worktag with a June FY22 Accounting Date is July 13, 2022, by 5 p.m.
Key Reports for Grants:
- RPT5557 – WU – Budget vs Actuals for Grant by Object Class and Spend Category
- RPT6042 – WU – Budget vs Actuals for Allocated Grants
- RPT6845 – WU – Grants in Overdraft by Object Class
- RPT0029 – WU – Budget Line Details for Awards