Published May 7, 2018
RMS Rocks! WashU Go-Live May 7, 2018
Thanks to everyone who made a contribution in some way to bring us to our go-live day. There is still some work to do, more training to occur, and a lot of patience needed as we transition to RMS.
Non-Technical Assistance – System Functionality, Policy and Procedure
- For non-technical questions, refer to the following, in this order:
- A full list of training resources can be found on the OVCR website PAAMCO Project Page and under the Proposal Development Topic – Education and Training category.
- As additional resources are made available, they can be found in the RMS Training and Reference Materials folder in Box.
Technical – Security Management, System Errors
- Contact the S&P Help Desk at 314.935.5707 for trouble accessing the system and other technical issues.
- The vendor has addressed system screen errors you saw in training. We are seeing only one specific slow spot; it may take up to one minute to generate a PD Record number after completing the Seven Steps. We will continue to pursue this performance issue with the vendor.
- If you get a system error message take the following steps:
- Take a screenshot and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org noting when this occurred.
- In most cases, your work has been retained or completed successfully despite the error message. Press escape or close the window if it’s a pop-up window.
- Navigate back to where you were and continue working.
System Transition Reminders
- Ensure you log into rms.wustl.edu and not the training environment you accessed for preparing your class exercises and in-class training.
- PDS is available in inquiry-only mode for approximately one year.
- SNAP RPPRs-Create PD record via PT: See April 4 2018 RNews.
- Submit Early Target Dates: See April 16 RNews.
- SOM Space Allocation Data Management Changes: See April 24 2018 RNews.
There are now two RMS training courses in Learn@Work:
RMS System Overview Course (renamed from the original RMS training in Learn@Work)
- This course consists of two required videos: “Navigation and Portal Configuration” and “7 Steps and Setup Questions.” All other videos are recommended as useful resources.
- This course is required for current and new employees who did not have prior access to PDS and need inquiry-only access to RMS.
- For those who previously completed RMS training in Learn@Work, additional videos can be accessed by clicking “View Detail” on the course page. An overview of this is available here and on the PAAMCO Project Page.
- This course consists of the RMS Overview along with other instructional videos on budget, routing, etc.
- This course is required for employees who need new access (except inquiry-only) to RMS (e.g. those who did not have prior access to PDS).
- All videos are required to be marked successful for completion of the course.
- This course must be completed before RMS security access will be granted.
In-Person Training (RMS 101 and RMS 102)
RMS in-person training is currently scheduled weekly through the end of May 2018. Additional ongoing trainings, conducted by OSRS staff, will be held on a schedule to be determined based on need. A current schedule can be found in the RMS section of the Research Education calendar.
Completion of the applicable online training course in Learn@Work is required before attending in-person training.
Based on your specific question or concern, please contact: