Published October 5, 2023, via Research News
On September, 27, 2023, NIH announced that changes to the approved Data Management and Sharing (DMS) Plan must be submitted using the Prior Approval Module in eRA Commons.
Any changes to an approved Data Management and Sharing Plan (DMS Plan) (for funded awards subject to the Final NIH Policy for Data Management and Sharing (DMS) Policy) requires the recipient to submit a timely formal prior approval request to the funding NIH Institute, Center, or Office (ICO). This notice also informs the community that recipients must submit these requests through the Prior Approval Module in eRA Commons. This functionality will be available for NIH grants effective October 12, 2023, and will be used exclusively for submitting requests for updating the DMS Plan. Emails and other communications are not acceptable.
eRA Commons Prior Approval – Other Request Instructions
- Description: Enter “DMS Plan Revision” (without quotations).
- Effective Date: Enter the effective date of the requested changes.
- Justification Document: Provide the rationale and justification for the requested changes.
- Budget Document: Provide if the revised DMS Plan impacts the budget. Include information for current and future budget periods. Note: This is not a supplement request.
- Other Supporting Documents: Attach the revised DMS Plan.
All uploaded documents must be in PDF format.
The request must be submitted by a Signing Official in Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA).
Please share this information with any faculty and individuals who you think would benefit from this information.
Please contact Joe Gindhart in SPA if you have any questions.