Navigating the Revisions to the UG
A webinar presented by the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
Monday, December 14, 2020
1 – 2:30 p.m.
Registration through Learn@Work is required for free access to the webinar.
- Registration is FREE, but is required via Learn@Work.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have one already, you must register for an NCURA account to view the webinar.
- It is highly recommended to register through Learn@Work no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the webinar to avoid technical issues.
In 2013 the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) partnered with the Council on Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR) to revise and streamline existing financial assistance regulations. The result was the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), which became effective on December 26, 2014. In many ways, the UG changed how recipients approached the management of federal financial assistance. The COFAR was tasked with providing clarifications in response to questions posed by the recipient community; these clarifications were issued in the form of Frequently Asked Questions. Now, in 2020, OMB has revised the Uniform Guidance to convey further clarification and guidance.
In this webinar we will discuss key changes reflected in the 2020 revision, including updated definitions, new requirements as well as modifications to existing requirements. Our discussion will include the government’s purpose in making a particular change, as well as the potential impact to institutions. Please join us for an informative session reviewing one of the key documents impacting sponsored awards at our institutions.
- Tolise Dailey, Training Manager, Johns Hopkins University
- David Mayo, Director of Sponsored Research, California Institute of Technology
- David Schultz, Assistant VP, Research Administration and Finance, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute