In an effort to support research infrastructure and collaboration potential at Washington University, the Research Development Office (RDO) is hosting an Information Session on the National Science Foundation’s Major Research Instrumentation program.
The NSF MRI program is a capacity-building program that:
- builds research capabilities across diverse institution types
- advances the National interest by providing instrumentation that opens new opportunities to advance the frontiers in science and engineering research and research training
- provides for state-of-the-art instruments through acquisition from vendors and development of next-generation research instruments that advance the state-of-the-art in science and engineering research
Although the MRI proposal development process features many complexities, it also presents unique opportunities that transcend new instrument acquisition/development.
Information Session Agenda Items:
- Overview of the NSF MRI funding program and solicitation
- Information about participating in the OVCR’s internal selection process for MRI
- Information about assistance available from Research Development Office
- Expert Panel of experienced researchers who have previously secured instrumentation funding
- Q&A session
Register in advance to receive the Zoom link.