- Complete the Controlled Substances Request Form to initiate the purchase of the controlled substances from appropriate campus stockroom.
- Complete Initial inventory form
- Keep accurate Aliquot Logs
- Perform annual inventory as required
- Dispose or return of unwanted and/or expired controlled substances
- Promptly report inventory discrepancy, theft and/or loss
An individual researcher registration may be used to obtain controlled substances from a vendor or governmental agency without using the DCM or DAF stockroom in IACUC-approved animal research, though it is recommended that you do use the DCM/DAF storerooms.
If you use your individual researcher registration to obtain controlled substances, you must have an IACUC-approved protocol. You must also meet all of the responsibilities for initial and annual inventories, documenting use and disposal, storage and security and assuring background checks are approved for all individuals with access to the controlled substances in your laboratory.
Off-Campus (e.g. CORTEX, Tyson Research facilities) / In Vitro
Controlled substances must be obtained using an individual researcher registration