Biostatistics cores provide support in the areas of data management, quality control and data analysis for medical center projects. A typical core guides clinical study design, data collection and data analysis. Assistance is available from protocol/proposal preparation to manuscript development. Biostatistical core resources supported by the Division of Biostatistics are: (1) the Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design (BERD) Core for the Institute for Clinical & Translational Sciences, (2) the Data Management & Statistical Core (DMSC), and (3) the Biostatistics Consulting Service.
Please go to the Biostatistics Core Resources website for a full description of each biostatistics individual core.
Service available to All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Priority service for All entities, including for-profit organizations.
- Participate in the design phase of protocols, including the selection of the appropriate study design, primary endpoints, sample size and statistical model. Triage to the appropriate core member.
- Collaborate in the analysis of data collected for core-related protocols conducted by core members. The protocols range from analysis of large-scale outcome research protocols to clinical trials to basic science data. Triage to the appropriate core member.
- Consult on the appropriate use of statistical models for all core-related studies conducted by core members
- Provide statistical and methodological review of proposals submitted for core-related internal funding mechanisms
- Collaborate in the publication of study results
- Work with the Bioinformatics Core in deploying CaBIG compatible tools for the collection and extraction of clinical data and the linking with associated tissue samples
- Provide informatics services in manipulation and merging of existing clinical electronic data sets
- Develop new statistical approaches and instruments
- Create data management systems for study data
- Consult on creation of study forms
- Available to serve as the coordinating center for multi-institutional studies
- Available to participate on Data and Safety Monitoring Committees
- The WUBIOS Computing Resource is an organized activity within the Division of Biostatistics that provides computing and networking services for the Division and its collaborators. The resource is organized around 100 multiprocessor Intel and AMD architecture servers running Linux. Compute servers provide access to statistical analysis resources like SAS, R and S+, as well as specialized genetic epidemiology software. Web servers provide access to both static content web pages and dynamic resources. These are utilized for the display of information contained within databases and for the web-based data entry systems. REDCap runs within this environment in order to provide investigators with a mechanism for building and manipulating study data.
Pricing is subject to core verification
In general, Biostatistics Core services are chargeable for activities involved in the actual conduct of research (e.g. data management, data analysis). The current rate for consultation may be found on the Biostatistics Consulting Service website. However, finances are not a barrier for assistance if the investigator’s resources are minimal as they have access to additional individual core resources. Please contact individual cores for more details.
Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (ADRC)
Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS)
Washington University Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center (WUIDDRC)