The Center for Administrative Data Research (CADR) serves to provide resources and training in the use of health services administrative data in clinical, epidemiologic, health services, and outcomes research.
The Center for Administrative Data Research aims to:
- House and maintain a repository of administrative data and/or information about data sources
- Train investigators on the appropriate uses of administrative data
- Provide leadership on the development and growth of administrative databases that can be used for research
- Facilitate collaboration among interdisciplinary investigators using administrative data
- Advance the effective use of administrative data to inform researchers, policymakers and the public about health and health care.
Service available to All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Priority service for All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Due to restrictions imposed by our data use agreements, direct access to most data is limited to Washington University faculty, staff, and students. Other members of the ICTS interested in working with data in the CADR repository are encouraged to collaborate with WashU investigators. We require that users be members of the Washington University Institute for Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS).
- Provide programming assistance and support for management of administrative databases
- Assist investigators with preliminary feasibility queries
- Assist investigators with choosing the appropriate databases
- Assist investigators with obtaining information from multiple administrative data sources
- Assist in preparation of grant applications to demonstrate capacity and expertise
- Train investigators on the use of administrative databases
- Assist investigators with data security and confidentiality through data use agreements
- Provide information about projects, publications, and investigators at Washington University using administrative data
- Please visit our website for details.
Pricing is subject to core verification
Please visit our website at https://informatics.wustl.edu/cadr-data-sources/ for fees and pricing.
Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS)