The CCIR is a centralized, hospital-based research facility that provides access to advanced clinical imaging technologies and resources needed to execute clinical research studies. The primary mission of the CCIR is to promote and support WUSM investigators and their collaborators doing fundamental and cutting-edge healthcare research at the university.
The vision and goals of the CCIR are:
- To establish a preeminent and innovative clinical imaging research environment that links basic science and discovery efforts to clinical practice
- To consistently improve upon our environment to further develop and support leading-edge bioimaging technologies and educational paradigms that lead to expansion of imaging sciences and improvements in health care.
The CCIR provides investigators with space to conduct final clinical tests of an imaging application nearly ready for patient use or to achieve a better understanding of a disease or its treatment at a basic, biological level by radiological examination of its fundamental processes or biomarkers.
Service available to All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Priority service for Washington University only.
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
Campus Box 8131
St. Louis, MO 63110-1093
- The CCIR provides a full range of biomedical imaging services to support clinical imaging research studies including:
- Pre-study services to help investigators design, set up, and initiate the imaging study
- Coordinating/scanning services to assist in executing, monitoring and evaluating the study
- Information technology management services to handle, track, and analyze imaging data
- The CCIR houses and maintains five state-of-the-art imaging scanners:
- Siemens MRI 3T Prisma
- Siemens MRI 3T Vida
- Siemens Vision PET/CT
- Siemens Biograph PET/CT
- Advanced multiple-modality PET/MR
Pricing is subject to core verification
Fees and Pricing can be found by clicking on the “Services” tab on the CCIR website.
Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS)