The Clinical Genomics Research Unit at Washington University School of Medicine is a full service state-of-the art research facility with CLIA and CAP accreditation equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for all Genomic testing from “Chromosomes to base pairs” including conventional cytogenetics, FISH, Chromosomal Microarray and Next-Generation Sequencing testing/analysis. This core supports clinical trials/studies for which a CLIA/CAP environment is required.
The Clinical Genomics Research Unit provides conventional metaphase karyotyping and a comprehensive menu of clinical genomics tests (FISH, Chromosomal Microarrays and Next-Generation sequencing) for human and mouse tissues (for example mouse embryonic stem cells, cancer cell lines, skin, peripheral blood, buccal cells, bone marrow etc). The Clinical Genomics Research Unit also provides consultancy on designing projects involving karyotyping, custom FISH probe design, analyses of data from chromosomal microarrays and NGS testing. We also help in performing high resolution genomic scans that provide insight into regions of the genome that are pathogenic in various neoplasms, leading to an understanding of the molecular pathways that play a role in the biology of cancer. We offer consultation and support for clinical trials/studies for which CAP/CLIA certification is needed.
Service available to All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Priority service for Washington University and other non-profit organizations.
- chromosome analysis
- tissue culture
- FISH analysis
- Chromosomal Microarrays and sequencing for human and mouse tissues
- NGS Testing
- NGS Analysis
- 10 Olympus BX51
- 4 Olympus light microscopes
- 4 Olympus fluorescent microscopes (FISH)
- 3 Nikon inverted microscopes and 2 Nikon dissection microscopes
- 11 Cytovision imaging workstations, 4 of which are FISH and 1 is an automated GSL-120 scanner
- Hanabi 2 automated harvester
- 3 Thermobrite FISH hybridization units
- 1 dual chamber and 1 single chamber Thermo CO2 incubator, 1 single chamber Fisher CO2 incubator and 2 dual chamber NuAire CO2 incubators
- Slide drying chamber in a high humidity cytogenetics slide making room
- This equipment is housed in our 3000 square foot state of the art facility conveniently located to the Medical School campus
Please contact this core directly for pricing information.