Core Laboratory for Clinical Studies (CLCS) supports clinical and animal research by providing cost-effective laboratory testing for Washington University faculty as well as external investigators. It is supported in part by the Washington University Diabetes Research Center (DRC) and the Washington University Nutrition and Obesity Research Center (NORC). CLCS performs common clinical labs in house using high-throughput, automated equipment, but we also perform manual testing for analytes having an available ELISA or RIA kit as well as testing with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) or the Single Molecule Counting Instrument (SMCxPro). Through agreements with Quest Diagnostics and Mayo Medical Laboratories, we also offer reduced pricing on all commonly-performed clinical laboratory tests. Core Lab is CLIA-certified and participates in the Lipid Standardization Program of the Centers for Disease Control.
There are nine laboratory personnel who comprise many years of experience in laboratory testing for research. Consultation with investigators is encouraged and is free. We can give you information about sample type and volume as well as help select the best methodology for your lab testing.
Service available to All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Priority service for Washington University and other non-profit organizations.
Core Laboratory for Clinical Studies can act as a central lab for multicenter clinical trials conducted by NIH and by industry. We can also help you with creating kits for studies and sending them to various locations.
- Core Lab will help you with any common analyte.
- We perform common tests in-house and send out unusual analytes to affiliated labs using negotiated pricing agreements.
- Roche Diagnostics c501 automated chemistry analyzer
- Roche Diagnostics e601automated immunoanalyzer
- Immulite 1000 automated immunoanalyzer
- Beckman-Coulter CBC analyzer
- Radioimmunoassay equipment
- ELISA reader and data reduction system
- Shimadzu high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) system
- Millipore Sigma single molecule counting analyzer (SMCxPRO)
Please contact this core directly for pricing information.
Diabetes Research and Training Center (DRTC)
Nutrition Obesity Research Center (NORC)