Core Lab supports clinical and animal research by providing cost-effective laboratory testing for Washington University faculty as well as external investigators. It is supported in part by the Washington University Diabetes Research and Training Center (DRTC) and the Washington University Institute for Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS). Core Lab performs common clinical labs in house using state-of-the-art equipment including analytes having an available ELISA or RIA kit. Through an agreement with Quest Diagnostics, we also offer reduced pricing on all commonly-performed clinical laboratory tests. Core Lab is CLIA-certified and participates in the Lipid Standardization Program of the Centers for Disease Control.
There are nine laboratory personnel who comprise many years of experience in laboratory testing for research. Consultation with investigators is encouraged and is free.
Service available to All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Priority service for Washington University and other non-profit organizations.
Core Lab acts as a central lab for multicenter clinical trials conducted by NIH and by industry.
- Core Lab will help you with any common analyte.
- We perform common tests in-house and send out unusual analytes to affiliated labs using negotiated pricing agreements.
- Roche Diagnostics c501 automated chemistry analyzer
- Roche Diagnostics e601automated immunoanalyzer
- Immulite 1000 automated immunoanalyzer
- Beckman-Coulter CBC analyzer
- Radioimmunoassay equipment
- ELISA reader and data reduction system
- Electrophoresis equipment
- Singulex digital single-molecule plate reader/analyzer
Pricing is subject to core verification
Test prices are usually from 10-50% of commercial fees. See our website for details.
Diabetes Research and Training Center (DRTC)
Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS)