The DCM research animal diagnostic laboratory provides the following services in support of animal health and research: hematology, clinical chemistry, osmometry, microbiology, parasitology, rodent viral serology, gross necropsy, and histopathology, including both diagnostic and investigative histopathology.** The laboratory also facilitates pathogen testing of cell lines to evaluate for the presence of rodent pathogens. A board certified veterinary pathologist oversees all diagnostics.
**Please contact Dr. Leslie Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-362-3125) for more information on diagnostic and/or investigative histopathology offerings.
The DCM research animal diagnostic laboratory provides services in support of animal health and research, with an ACVP board certified veterinary pathologist on staff to oversee all diagnostics. Only animal samples may be submitted. Samples should be submitted between 7:30 AM and 2:30 PM, unless prior arrangements have been made. Please call the lab (314-362-9095) for sample requirements and to arrange sample submission. You can find additional information by visiting the find animal diagnostic lab services page.
Service available to Washington University only.
Priority service for Washington University only.
- Clinical Chemistry
- Rodent Viral Serology
- Gross Necropsy
- Rodent pathogen testing of cell lines and biologics
- Hemavet 1700
- AMS Liasys 330 Clinical Chemistry System
- Precision Systems Micro-Osmette 5400
- Bio-Merieux Vitek 2
- Lipshaw Downdraft Necropsy Tables
- Lipshaw Grosslab Histopathology Cutting Station
- Thermo Shandon Citadel 1000 Tissue Processor
- Thermo Shandon Histocentre 3 Embedding Unit
- Thermo Shandon Varistain 24-4 Slide Stainer
- Thermo Shandon Finesse 325 Microtome
Please contact this core directly for pricing information.