The Mass Spectrometry Technology Access Center at McDonnell Genome Institute (MTAC@MGI) – Washington University School of Medicine provides state-of-the-art proteomics, metabolomics, lipidomics, and imaging MS technologies to answer current questions in basic, translational & clinical research by supporting and educating researchers worldwide.
We’re committed to providing the best mass spectrometry-based research both cost-effectively and quickly. We provide an initial consultation at no charge to review each project and offer continued consultation to ensure successful outcomes.
The MTAC offers many services from simple protein identification to protein quantitation (both relative and absolute) by bottom-up proteomics analyses. The MTAC provides intact, native, top-down proteomics analyses. The Center specializes in providing global quantitative post-translational-modification (PTM) analysis (Phosphorylation, Ubiquitination, Acetylation, Methylation) along with epiproteomics Histone PTM assay. The MTAC develops new targeted metabolomics/lipidomics panels as well as fully supports spatial proteome/metabolome imaging mass spectrometry.
MTAC provides comprehensive service from sample submission to data analysis. Our world-class staff together with state-of-the art mass spectrometry instrumentation offers advanced mass spectrometry analyses to the Washington University community and beyond.
To provide high quality proteomics, metabolomics, lipidomics services to university researchers starting from initial consultation through to publication and grant submission.
To provide training and education in mass spectrometry theory, practical experimental and sample preparation procedures, and data analyses.
To provide cost-effective, state-of-the-art instrumentation and emerging analytical expertise to investigators.
Service available to All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Priority service for No distinctions.
First time users. To initiate a new project, start a new collaboration or request a services consultation to discuss your Mass Spectrometry needs, please fill out and submit the online collaboration request form.
Returning users. If you’ve worked with us before and already know the services you want, download and complete a sample submission pdf form.
- Global protein identification and quantification
- Targeted protein identification and quantification
- Label-Free Quantification
- Heavy-isotope / Metabolic labeling Quantification (TMT, iTRAC, SILAC)
- Global, Untargeted Metabolomics/Lipidomics
- Targeted Metabolomics/Lipidomics
- Interactomes (Co-IP, Proximity labeling)
- Histone modifications
- Phosphoproteomics (Global/Targeted)
- PTM analysis (Ubiquitination, Acetylation, Methylation)
- N-Glycan detection and quantification
- Cross-linking MS
- Top-Dowm MS/Native MS/Intact MS
- Spatial Omics by Mass Spectrometry Imaging and LCM-MS
- Orbitrap Ascend™ Tribrid™
- Orbitrap Eclipse™ Tribrid™ with FAIMS
- Orbitrap Exploris™ 480 Biopharma with FAIMS
- Orbitrap Exploris™ 240
- Orbitrap ID-X™ Tribrid™
- TSQ Altis™ Plus
- timsTOF fleX MALDI-2
- timsTOF Pro 2
- Vanquish Neo UHPLC System
- Vanquish Horizon UHPLC System
- nanoElute HPLC System
Pricing is subject to core verification
Diabetes Research and Training Center (DRTC)
Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS)
Siteman Cancer Center (SCC)
McDonnell Genome Institute
Genome Technology Access Center (GTAC@MGI)
Genome Engineering & Stem Cell Center (GESC@MGI)