The core offers a wide array of mouse embryo manipulation techniques. We provides investigators a resource to generate mutant mouse models through a variety of techniques, cryopreserve mouse lines, perform embryo rederivation, reconstitute frozen mouse lines via frozen embryos or sperm samples.
We provide investigators a resource to generate mutant mouse models through a variety of techniques including CRISPR/Cas9. We cryopreserve mouse lines and provide storage of mouse sperm and embryos, perform embryo rederivation, thaw embryos and perform IVF. C57BL/6 inbred is our standard strain for model creation using CRISPR/Cas9 and micro-injection of transgenes. Additionally, we maintain Albino B6 mice as host embryos for injection of B6 ES cell lines such as those from KOMP, EUCOMM TIGM and other sources. Hybrid strains of mice and other inbred strains may also be used for modified mouse model production and new modifications can be added to existing mouse models. We can provide assistance with shipping, receiving of cryo-preserved mouse lines and provide strategies to rescue poor performing lines and rapid expansion of lines. Pricing may be viewed and requested on our iLab site: https://wustl.ilabsolutions.com/sc/4451/pathology-and-immunology-transgenic-knockout-and-micro-injection-core/?tab=services using wustl key to login or by contacting the Core Director
Service available to All entities, including for-profit organizations.
Priority service for Washington University only.
Rheumatic Disease Research Resource-based Center (RDRRC grant participants)
- Pronuclear micro-injection to produce transgenic models, C57BL/6 inbred is our standard strain, others available
- Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell micro-injection for production of gene targeted mice
- Micro-injection/electroporation of CRISPR/Cas9 reagents to create knock out, conditional floxed alleles, or knock in models
- Specific injection techniques - techniques include conventional blastocyst injection, laser assisted micro-injection, tetraploid complementation, Rag 2 complementation
- Mouse embryo cryopreservation/storage
- Mouse sperm cryopreservation/storage
- Thawing/reconstituting embryos from other sources
- Embryo rederivation
- In-Vitro Fertilization using fresh or frozen samples
- Model generation using CRISPR, ZFN, TALENS
- All necessary equipment, 3 complete workstations
Pricing is subject to core verification
Pricing may be viewed and service requesed through our iLab site:
https://wustl.ilabsolutions.com/sc/4451/pathology-and-immunology-transgenic-knockout-and-micro-injection-core/?tab=services or by contacting the Core Director.