With over 30 years of experience, the Pulmonary Morphology Core provides histologic services for a variety of tissues from mice, humans, pigs, and other species.
The Pulmonary Morphology Core provides investigators with extensive technical support in the fixation and processing of tissue specimens from all organ systems, sectioning of embedded samples, and multiple staining methods. Customer service is a priority, and the Core strives to make sure that tissue histology services are held to the highest standards. The Core is available to investigators at Washington University and other non-profit organizations. We regularly serve labs in Pulmonary/Critical Care, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pathology/Immunology, Cardiology, Radiology, and Medical Oncology. Priority is generally given to the research community with established relationships to the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care that support the daily operations of the Core.
Service available to Washington University and other non-profit organizations.
Priority service for Washington University and other non-profit organizations.
The Core serves investigators working directly on the center grants that support the Core, and significant collaborators here at Washington University and at other centers.
- Fixation of biologic samples
- Embedding of fixed or frozen tissue (no plastics)
- Sectioning of embedded tissue specimens
- Diverse histological staining methods
- Other staining methods and custom services are strongly considered
- Experience with many staining methods:
- Hematoxylin & Eosin (H&E)
- Periodic acid-Schiff (PAS)
- Alcian Blue
- Gomori's Trichrome
- Hart’s Elastin Stain
- Von Kossa
- Methylene Green
- Perl’s Iron
- Picosirius Red
- PAS/Alcian Blue
- Safranin O
- Verhoff van-Giesen
- Unique counterstains (Fast Green, tartrazine, others)
- Other staining methods and custom services are strongly considered, but immunohistochemistry is not performed.
Please contact this core directly for pricing information.
Center for Clinical Imaging Research (CCIR)
Children’s Discovery Institute
Digestive Disease Research Core Center (DDRCC)
Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS)
Siteman Cancer Center (SCC)
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine