It is the responsibility of the IACUC to investigate any animal welfare concerns. There are no restrictions on who is eligible to submit a concern. Reports can remain confidential and are subject to the protections of the Whistleblower Policy below.
To report an animal welfare concern, please contact any one of the following individuals or hotline:
- The Institutional Official (IO) Vice Chancellor for Research, (Dr. Mark Lowe 314-747-0515);
- The Chairperson of the IACUC (Dr. John Cirrito, 314-362-1610);
- The Director of the IACUC (Meredith Moore, PhD, 314-747-0373);
- The Attending Veterinarian (Dr. Nirah Shomer, 314-362-3700);
- The anonymous hotline for the University Compliance Office, 314-362-4998.
For more information, see the IACUC Policy on Mechanism for Reporting Deficiencies in Animal Care or Treatment (Whistleblower Policy).