Skip to content
Skip to search
Skip to footer
- January 15, 2021 MIT Professor Arrested on Charges of Grant Fraud
- August 24, 2020 Texas professor and NASA researcher arrested on charges related to China’s Talents Program
- August 2, 2020 Lawyers Challenge Federal Crackdown on Funding Nondisclosure
- June 12, 2020 Fifty-four scientists have lost their jobs as a result of NIH probe into foreign ties
- January 28, 2020: Harvard Chemistry Chairman Charged on Alleged Undisclosed Ties to China
- December 19, 2019: Department of Justice Reaches $5.5 Million Settlement With Van Andel Research Institute To Resolve Allegations Of Undisclosed Chinese Grants to Two Researchers.
- November 19, 2019: The Wall Street Journal, China’s Bid on American Science.
- November 6, 2019: Ypsilanti engineer funneled tech secrets to Iran, FBI says.
- October 10, 2019: Department of Defense (DoD) Letter to Academic Community.
- September 16, 2019: Letter to the United States Research Community from Kelvin K. Droegemeier, Director of The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP).
- August 21, 2019: University of Kansas Researcher Indicted for Fraud for Failing to Disclose Conflict of Interest with Chinese University.
- August 6, 2019: Grassley Presses Comptroller General on Foreign Threats to Taxpayer-funded Research.
- July 2, 2019: Sen. Chuck Grassley receives response from DOD on foreign threats to taxpayer-funded research.
- June 28, 2019: FBI Urges Universities To Monitor Some Chinese Students And Scholars In The U.S.
- June 26, 2019: Science, NIH probe of foreign ties has led to undisclosed firings–and refunds from institutions.
- June 7, 2019: DOE Directive regarding Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs.
- June 5, 2019: Senate Hearing “Foreign Threats to Taxpayer – Funded Research: Oversight Opportunities and Policy Solutions.”
- April 26, 2019: Concerns about ties to China prompt firings.
- April 16, 2019: Inside Higher Ed, Science vs. Security.
- April 5, 2019: NIH director apologizes for ‘mishandled’ security that blocked Iranian scientists.
- April 2, 2019: NIH police yank Iranian graduate student from lab as agency clamps down on security.
- March 1, 2019: Science, NIH letters asking about undisclosed foreign ties rattle U.S. universities.
- January 8, 2019: Sen. Grassley’s response letter to NIH.
- December 21, 2018: NIH response letter to Sen. Grassley.
- October 24, 2018: Sen. Chuck Grassley’s letter to NIH.
- August 20, 2018: Letter from NIH to research institutions regarding increased disclosure.
- March 30, 2018: Letter from NIH to research institutions regarding disclosure of foreign financial interests.