Several types of applications are subject to the State Intergovernmental review process, including but not limited to the following agencies:
- Department of Education
- National Institutes of Health (ex: Construction Grants)
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Examples of application forms requiring an answer to “Is application subject to review by Executive Order 12372 process?”
- Standard Form 424 (Rev. 9-2003), prescribed by OMB Circular A-102
- Form OMB No. 1875-0106 (Exp. 11/30/2004)
The guidelines will indicate whether or not an application is subject to Executive Order 12372. If the application is subject for review per State Executive Order 12372, please follow these instructions:
- The SPOC should be contacted as early as possible to receive any necessary instructions on the State process. If the project serves more than one State, the department should contact the SPOC of each affected State.
- The necessary information should be mailed to the SPOC.
- Please provide a copy of the cover letter sent to the SPOC to Grants & Contracts along with the hard copy application.
A list of official State entities designated by the States to review and coordinate Federal financial assistance and direct Federal development can be found on the Intergovernmental Review (SPOC List) (PDF).