Faculty and staff are responsible for maintaining compliance with export control laws. This website provides assistance  in determining if and how export control regulations apply and obtaining the appropriate export license(s) before controlled items or technical data are transferred across U.S. boundaries or are accessed by foreign nationals on campus. 

These laws may apply if you

  • Host foreign nationals in your laboratory (students, postdocs, staff, visitors)
  • Travel internationally
  • Ship or hand carry items internationally
  • Perform field research
  • Have international collaborations