Published March 23, 2022
Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA) would like to notify the research community that the ePARS system (legacy effort reporting system) will be switched to a Read-Only status, effective March 31, 2022. Moving to Read-Only is the first step in retiring the system.
Under Read-Only status, faculty and staff will still be able to perform the following functions:
- Run Reports they had access to previously
- View their effort cards
- Add / View attachments and notes associated with their effort statements
Note: Faculty/staff should not add any notes or attachments after March 31.
As of March 31, 2022, faculty and staff will no longer be capable of performing the following functions under the Read-Only status:
- Certify an effort card
- Modify / Delete notes associated with an effort card
- Modify / Delete attachments associated with an effort card
- Make changes to or save an effort card
- Process any unprocessed Payroll Cost Transfer Tasks
- Process any unprocessed Certifications
- Change system data in any way
Please distribute this information to the appropriate individuals in your department. If you have any questions regarding this material, please contact Meredith Fey (email@example.com) or Carla Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org) in SPA.