Published August 10, 2022
Grants.gov has a planned production system outage from Friday, September 23, 2022, at 12:01 a.m. (ET) to Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (see Grants.gov calendar). Grants.gov will use this time to migrate their services to the Cloud.
Grants.gov will be unavailable to users during this extended period.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
NIH and AHRQ due dates that fall on or between September 22 and September 30, 2022, will move to October 3, 2022.
The following caveats and considerations apply:
- Applicants planning to submit to NIH under the Continuous Submission policy should consider this downtime when planning their submission. The Continuous Submission application receipt period end date for the September 7, 2022, AIDS application due date (January Advisory Council) remains Saturday, October 1, 2022, and therefore automatically moves forward to October 3, 2022.
- The two-week window of consideration associated with the NIH Late Application Policy (when applicable) will be calculated from the original due dates.
- The two-day application viewing window in eRA Commons will continue to function as normal for applications successfully submitted through Grants.gov. Applicants are reminded to Reject their application in eRA Commons, if a corrective submission is planned prior to the October 3 due date. Otherwise, it may be necessary to officially Withdraw Your Application to submit a changed/corrected application prior to the due date.
- This notice serves as notification of the due date change for impacted funding opportunities. Edits to due dates within the text of individual funding opportunities will not be made.
- NIH and AHRQ FOAs are posted with a grace period which allows applications to be submitted through Grants.gov systems even if the submission deadline shifts beyond the expiration date of the FOA. This allows us to rely on staff rather than systems to determine if an application will be accepted.
- If you experience any issues with your submission following Grants.gov’s return to service (e.g., Grants.gov message indicating the opportunity is closed), please contact the eRA Service Desk for assistance.
Other Federal Agencies
Other agencies may have different policies and procedures regarding this Grants.gov maintenance window and applications associated with deadlines during that time should be carefully evaluated to determine when they should be submitted.
Research Management System (RMS) Information
Due dates in RMS should not be adjusted. However, you must remain aware of any adjusted due dates to ensure timely submission.
For RMS System to System (S2S) submissions, users will be able to create, develop, and review applications in Proposal Development throughout Grants.gov’s downtime period. NIH pre-submission validation and image building will continue to function during this time. Clicking the ‘Submit to Grants.gov’ (or ‘Resubmit to Grants.gov’) button during this period will result in failure. Submissions will not be queued for later processing.
If you have any questions regarding this issue, please contact the Office of Sponsored Research Services.