Published January 10, 2020
A new Washington University Fee Schedule for the use of services provided by the WU IRB and Human Research Protection Office has been posted. The information can be found on the HRPO website.
- The fee for the use of a commercial IRB in for-profit funded studies will change from a per form fee to a one-time flat fee. This change goes into effect on July 1, 2020.
- New information will provide clarifications about the charges associated with the WU IRB serving as a single IRB (sIRB) for multi-site research. Information includes the following:
- Why there is a charge for sIRB services
- When the charges apply
- How the charges are calculated
- What sites will be charged
For sIRB studies, contact HRPO at time of grant/funding development to obtain the current fee schedule and budget.
The fee schedule for when the WU IRB reviews a for-profit funded WU study has not changed.
On January 20, 2020, all federally funded multi-site research must rely upon approval by a single IRB. More information about these new Single IRB requirements can be found on the HRPO website.
For questions about the fees, contact Jeanne Velders, Executive Director, Human Research Protection Office at email@example.com.