Published July 14, 2020
On June 30, 2020, the NIH announced the following updates regarding administrative supplements:
- Effective immediately, NIH will begin accepting administrative supplement applications for multi-project awards electronically. Since the administrative supplement applies to the parent award as a whole, the single-project application form package used for research grants and cooperative agreements will be used for these submissions (e.g., Competition ID= “FORMS-F-ADMINSUPP-RESEARCH.”)
- Effective July 25, 2020, the streamlined submission method through the eRA Commons will be discontinued and replaced with the option to initiate the administrative supplement application within eRA Commons and leverage technology available in NIH ASSIST to complete submission.
- Effective July 25, 2020, all supplement applications to existing single and multi-project awards must be submitted electronically through Grants.gov using NIH ASSIST, Grants.gov Workspace, or institutional system-to-system (S2S) solutions.
- NIH will reissue the following administrative supplement parent announcements. Any in-progress applications submitted through Grants.gov using these announcements must be completed by July 24, 2020. Applications submitted on/after July 25, 2020, must use the reissued announcements.
- PA-18-591 – Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp – Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-592 – Research Supplements to Promote Re-Entry into Biomedical and Behavioral Research Careers (Admin Supp – Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Complete details can be found here.
Please share this information with all faculty and staff who may need this information.
If you have any questions please contact the Office of Sponsored Research Services.