Published March 5, 2020
NSF Announces Revised Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG)
The new PAPPG (20-1) will be effective for proposals submitted or due, and awards made, on or after June 1, 2020. Until then the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 19-1) continue to apply.
Significant changes include:
- NSF will require use of an NSF-approved format in submission of the biographical sketch and current and pending support documents, once the PAPPG (NSF 20-1) becomes effective.
- NSF is partnering with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae as an NSF-approved format for preparation of both documents.
- Use of an NSF-approved format will not be required until implementation of PAPPG 20-1 on June 1, 2020.
- To assist the community, NSF has developed websites with additional information for the preparation of the biographical sketch and current and pending support.
- New requirement for proposing organizations to submit government-wide representations and certifications in the System for Award Management (SAM).
- New requirement for providing e-mail documentation of Program Officer approval for the submission of RAPID and EAGER proposals.
- Clarifications to current and pending support coverage as well as other changes throughout the document.
If you have questions, please contact Joe Gindhart (314-747-5385 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or Teri Medley (314-747-4444 / email@example.com).