Published December 7, 2020
Research Management System (RMS) Upgrade – December 2020
The Research Management System (RMS) upgrade is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. on Friday, December 11, 2020.
Users will not be allowed to access RMS after 5 p.m. on Friday, December 11, 2020. All RMS activity required for applications that are due December 11-13 must be completed by 5:00 p.m. on December 11.
On December 14, you will be able to access the upgraded version of RMS.
Important Information About S2S Submissions That Are Due December 11:
- These must be submitted to the agency and error free before 5 p.m. on December 11
- Proposals not submitted and/or error free will not be able to be submitted until Monday, December 14, at which time the agency would consider them late
- Please route for Partial and Full reviews before 5 p.m. on Tuesday, December 8
- Please route for Final review before 5 p.m. on Thursday, December 10
Upgrade Notable Changes:
- Budget Tab – Budget Excel doc updates (per RMS Super Users enhancement request)
- Summary Tab:
- Changes made to Summary Tab do not show in other tabs
- Project Period added to Summary Tab
- Personnel Tab:
- Updated with new layout and column headers
- Person Months (PM) and Percent Effort data retains decimals (ex: PM: 1.25 and Effort 8.333%)
- Fully Loaded Budget Tab:
- New tab that matches the selected Source View from the Budget Summary Tab of the record
- Summary Tab:
- Budget Tab – Bulk Entry for Non-Personnel Line items updated with new layout
- Setup Questions Tab:
- F&A Scheme no longer automatically updates with Program Type changes and is set by the initial Program Type selection on Setup Questions Tab
- F&A Scheme changes need to be selected in the Budget > F&A Tab
- Home Page – Search for Items – Ability to save and reuse search data
- Home Page – Assignments/Things to Do – Will show additional record content details (primarily used by OSRS and SPA)
- Proposal Tracking (PT) > Attachments – Document filename can be edited without having to re-upload the document (primarily OSRS and SPA functionality)
- User Guide is being updated for availability in early 2021
- Training Videos in Learn@Work: The four videos will remain unchanged
- Navigation and Portal Configurations
- 7 steps and WU Set-up
- PT/AT intro
- Statuses and workflow
For more information, please see the prior RMS Upgrade announcement.
If you have any questions, please contact Teri Medley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share these important dates with your faculty that may have a submission during this upgrade timeframe, as well as with any staff members that use RMS.