Published March 26, 2020
The National Institutes of Health has updated their SF424 (R&R) Application Forms Instructions to Forms F.
As shared at the recent Research Administrator Forums, the NIH’s Forms-E application package is being replaced by the new FORMS-F application package, effective for deadlines on or after 5/25/2020. Accordingly, Washington University’s Research Management System (RMS) will be updated this evening to the new Forms F set for System to System (S2S) proposal submission.
Below is a list of details.
- FORMS-F are required for due dates on or after 5/25/2020.
- FORMS-E are required for due dates on or before 5/24/2020.
- For a transition period, both FORMS-E and FORMS-F application packages will be active. Applicants must choose the appropriate application package for their due date when presented with both FORMS-E and FORMS-F application packages on the same FOA.
- This will be the case for using RMS/S2S, ASSIST and Workspace.
- The following application forms include substantive changes (i.e., new/deleted/modified fields).
- PHS 398 Career Development Award Supplemental Form
- PHS 398 Cover Page Supplement
- Added new Human Fetal Tissue Section
- PHS Assignment Request form
- PHS Fellowship Supplemental form
- PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information
- In RMS/S2S: If switching from FORMS-F to FORMS-E and vice versa, the Study Record and Inclusion Enrollment Table data will not copy over because the questions have been changed. Users will need to re-enter the information.
- SBIR/STTR Information
- See High-level Summary of Form Changes in FORMS-F Application Packages for a full list of form changes.
- New FOAs were being be posted with FORMS-F application packages beginning 2/25/2020.
- New FOAs posted before 2/25/2020 with initial due dates on or after 5/25/2020 were posted without application forms until updated forms were available.
- Application packages were added to these FOAs by 3/25/2020.
- All previously issued, active FOAs with due dates on or after 5/25/2020 (except administrative supplement, change of institution, and successor-in-interest Parent FOAs) were updated to add FORMS-F application packages between 2/25/2020 and 3/25/2020.
If you have any questions please contact the Office of Sponsored Research Services.