Published July 11, 2022
The second effort reporting cycle in Workday will be starting soon, and it will cover the period of January 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022, for all faculty and staff that have a portion of their salary funded by Sponsored Projects. Noted below is the current schedule and description of that process. Updates to this schedule will be communicated in a similar manner.
7/22/22: PAA Cut-off for Grants
All Payroll Accounting Adjustments (PAAs) that will affect the certification period (1/1/22 – 6/30/22) should be completed by 7/22/22. PAAs must be cut off because Workday won’t be able to create the effort report for a faculty/staff member if a PAA is pending. If the Effort Reviewer still needs to adjust the salary allocation for the effort reporting period, then those adjustments should be made directly in the Effort Reporting Module during the Department Review and Adjustment Period noted below (8/1/22 – 8/14/22).
7/22/22 – 7/31/22: SPA Reviews/Approves PAAs
SPA will review and approve/reject PAAs during this period.
8/1/22: Generate Effort Reports and Start Review Period for Departments
SPA will initiate the effort report generation process. Each Effort Reviewer will receive a notification for the individuals in their respective department/division that are required to certify effort.
8/1/22 – 8/14/22: Department Review and Adjustment Period
During this period the Effort Reviewer can review the effort reports and process any necessary changes/corrections to the effort figures (which will then automatically generate corresponding PAAs), prior to releasing the effort report to the certifier. If there was a PAA that the Effort Reviewer was unable to process by the 7/22/22 deadline, then this is the time period when they can adjust the figures directly in the Effort Reporting Module.
8/15/22: Departments Release Effort Reports to Certifiers
This date will serve as the official start date of the effort certification cycle. The Effort Reviewer received the effort reports on 8/1/22, and the review period followed. Subsequent to any applicable changes during the Review Period, the Effort Reviewer should release the effort report to the certifier on or before 8/15/22.
9/13/22: Day 30 of Effort Report Cycle, Certifications After This Date Are Considered Late
This date serves as the end of the on-time certification process. Effort reports certified after this date will be considered to be delinquent.
Reminders/Considerations for PAAs and Effort Certification:
- The PAA should include the full date of discovery or if the delay was due to fund set-up, the date the fund was fully active. Include dates on all PAAs, regardless, if past 90 days.
- The amounts on the PAAs must match the salary cap calculator sheet split amounts.
- As applicable, the salary cap work tags list, “National Institute of Health Over The Salary Cap.”
- PAAs that have not been fully approved by the cut-off date will be cancelled by the SDM prior to the initiation of Effort Report Generation process. The department can still process the changes/corrections during the Effort Review period.
- PAAs submitted during the Effort Review/Certification period will be automatically rejected by Workday. The PAA can be resubmitted after the Effort Report has been certified, and this may cause a recertification of the original Effort Report.