Published November 17, 2021
As previously announced, a permanent fix for the fringe issue related to personnel earning over the fringe cap of $200,000 and propose effort only in academic or summer months (Danforth faculty) was implemented into RMS Production today.
The manual workaround and use of the Fringe Calculation Spreadsheet is no longer necessary.
This functionality introduced new schemes, but not new fringe rates. The old schemes were moved to the bottom of the drop-down and labeled with “do not use”.
There is a new table in RMS that shows fringe calculation detail. This table replaced the need for a Fringe Calculation Spreadsheet as it can be utilized as source documentation for RMS fringe calculations and can be sent to agencies when additional detail is required. You can open/view the table by clicking “Show Fringe Calculations” in the Personnel Budget Detail Tab. Once opened you will have the option to export it to Excel.
In-Flight Proposals (proposals created prior to November 17, but submitted on or after November 17)
For proposals that have Danforth faculty who make over $200K, propose monthly effort that is different over 12 months, and the manual override has not been made, the RMS User should ensure the new schemes are used:
- On the Appointments tab for each person, refresh the appointment and save.
- Go to the Detail tab for each person and save.
- Verify the fringe amounts changed.
Proposals that do not require any changes:
- Proposals with School of Medicine personnel only.
- Proposals that have Danforth faculty who make over $200K, propose monthly effort that is different over 12 months, and the manual override has been made.
- Note: If you do update the fringe scheme, it should not impact the fringe amounts for School of Medicine personnel, or Danforth faculty with the manual override because the amounts were correct(ed) prior to the fringe scheme update.
Contact the Office of Sponsored Research Services.