Oversees the implementation of the LAMPS eProtocol and LARS modules
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page provides project-related updates to the implementation of LAMPS’s two modules: eProtocol and LARS. See the LAMPS landing page to login and find resources.
Help us spread awareness of LARS Phase 1 on May 1. Please hang this flyer in a high-traffic area in your lab.
The Lab Animal Resource Software (LARS) module is the second phase of the LAMPS Project. It rolls out in phases during 2020.
Phase 1 – DCM transitions to LARS May 1, 2020
- Each cage will be identified by a unique barcode.
- New DCM-provided cage cards will display this barcode. These new cards will be in place by May 1.
- Weans – An updated weaning log will be used to record weans.
- Splits – Splits resulting in a new cage will need to be recorded on a combined split/wean log kept in the facilities.
- Transfers – Cages requested to be transferred must be tagged
Phase 2 – Animal ordering moves to LARS MyDay Go-Live Date (TBD)
- The MyDay Project is a separate university effort to replace the current systems used for Human Resources, Finance, and Student Administration (MarketPlace, AIS, FIS, HRMS, etc…).
- Animal ordering will transition to LARS and eliminate ordering through MarketPlace. This will be launched, and is contingent on, when the MyDay project goes live.
Phase 3 – electronic census tracking Timeline TBD
- Electronic census will streamline manual processes including transfer requests. Electronic census will be implemented building-by-building over the course of several months. The timeline for Phase 3 is under development.
The eProtocol module of LAMPS went live on July 29, 2019. It replaced eSirius as the system in which to submit, review, and approve animal use protocols and amendments. Visit the LAMPS Website to login, access resources, and read frequently asked questions.
email@example.com or 314-362-3229.